Korean J Obstet Gynecol Search

CLOSE


Korean Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 1997;40(7):1390-1396.
Published online January 1, 2001.
Clinical Study on Intrauterine Growth Retardation.
Suk Hyun Park
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Chosun University, Kwangju, Korea.
Abstract
This study was taken to investigate the association between the risk factors and the incidence of the intrauterine growth retardation(IUGR) at the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chosun University Kwangyang Hospital. The retrospective survey of obstetric records of 1339 delivery during period of 1992 through 1995, with the following criteria: Korean, singletone pregnancy with live birth and gestational age more than 32 weeks. The results were as follows. 1. The incidence rate for IUGR during period 1992 through 1995 was 8.44%. 2. The most common cause of IUGR was unknown(74.3%). Remaining 25.7% of IUGR had confirmed causes. Among known causes, the commonest cause was maternal factor (21.2%), placental(2.65%) and fetal anomaly(1.77%) in orders. 3. Among maternal factor, pregnancy induced hypertension was the most common cause. 4. In IUGR group, the mean maternal height was 158cm, the mean maternal weight was 58kg, the mean placental weight was 636gm and the ratio or mean fetal weight/placental weight was 4.07. 5. The incidence of IUGR was higher in the multiparity and in the female. 6. Most of IUGR was developed after 38 weeks of gestational age. 7. IUGR group shows lower Apgar score than control group at 1 and 5 minute.
Key Words: Intrauterine growth retardation


ABOUT
ARTICLE & TOPICS
Article category

Browse all articles >

Topics

Browse all articles >

BROWSE ARTICLES
POLICY
FOR CONTRIBUTORS
Editorial Office
4th Floor, 36 Gangnam-daero 132-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 06044, Korea
Tel: +82-2-3445-2382    Fax: +82-2-3445-2440    E-mail: journal@ogscience.org                

Copyright © 2021 by Korean Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

Developed in M2PI

Close layer
prev next